Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Did I miss something?

http://www.democrats.org/a/2005/09/chertoff_blames.php Says Michael Chertoff, Homeland Security chief at the time made this remark on September 1, 2005 during the Katrina catastrophe:
"The critical thing was to get people out of there before the disaster," he said on NBC's Today program. "Some people chose not to obey that order. That was a mistake on their part."

He siad this disregarding people who were UNABLE to leave due to illness or lack of transportation. However, we already know there were a bunch of unsympathetic a-holes back then (including george Shrub's mom")

What weirds me out is that I went to the article where Jesse Berney of the Democratic party had cited that quote and I could not find the quote anywhere. I had linked to this article a year ago so I could find it and I remember his quote being there (don't I?). I'm wondering if the Washington Post changed any of their story around for posterity.

No comments: